GQ Magazine Interview pt.4.1 - SunYe

« Older   Newer »
yukiochan
view post Posted on 3/9/2008, 14:30

Mag Translation: Wonder Girls - GQ Magazine Interview pt.4.1 - SunYe

SUN YE

I have some anxiety. SunYe, you are the team leader who received instruction from an agency for 6 years, and so your answers will be similar to a press release I think. Am I bad (for thinking so)?
You aren’t bad of course.

What kind of person is SunYe?
I’m doing the work I want to be doing. If I really believe in something, I get a strength that you don’t know where it comes out from.

See that. That’s press release style you know.
Haha. What kind of person I am is like that, I’m a complex person. My personality is in the middle of all these things.
And my character is to always be planning. While on the move, a 30-minute opening comes, then ‘What shall we do? Will doing this thing be good?’ I don’t know if others see it has tiring, but things like matching pieces and arranging are fun.

Like Tetris?
Yes, I’m good at only games like Tetris.

You are among girls as you know. I guess you must have guy talk too right?
Really the kids are frank, but even if it’s really frustrating we don’t do guy talk well. Since we’re still young, it seems like that.

As the unni (older sister/girl), when listening do you think they seem really young?
No, I also chime in with the others, haha.

Is there a guy who makes SunYe’s heart thump?
Um, I’m not sure.

What kind of friend is Park TaeHwan?
TaeHwan is nice. Even though he is a guy, it’s rare for a friend around my age to come out into what is called ‘SaHwe (Society)’. One of the many things I consult with that friend on is things that I experience in society. Even though our fields are different, if I open up my heart about my troubles, that friend will understand. That is very wonderful. Even if he can talk to girls about anything, there is a limit that he can sympathize of course. And then, he’s a guy but he’s not to be deterred, since TaeHwan is like that, it’s good of course.

What you call, deep-thinking friend?
Yes.

Well then, Park JinYoung is?
Alcohol friend?

Haha.
There is what you call ‘WonSeongSam’ that means ‘Wonder Girls SeongIn SamChongSa (Wonder Girls Adult Trio’. (Park JinYoung) PD-nim seemed very happy at us becoming adults. Even when we went to the club for the first time, it was because PD-nim said ‘let’s go’. The time has really passed, in the past he was just the scary boss, but now while drinking alcohol next to him, we can also talk about life. And we also learned about alcohol from PD-nim.

Do you drink well?
Even drinking only half a bottle of beer, my head got dizzy….

How is the song?
Is it okay to listen to your own voice? From my training days, my complex was that I had no energy in my own body. There was also talk of Oriental herbal medicine. From when I was born, I heard that I had no body strength. And so the changing of seasons is very hard. While in development of a song, even I don’t know the turn of it, so when we’re going over it, there is something lacking … Ah, but then what is the question? I don’t know. Haha. I’m like this.

What were you talking about with the listening SunYe?
Aa, what was it? There is no depth in my voice and I think as you listen you become tired of it… even though I try to overcome it and I trouble about it a lot, I can also forget about it in moments. While recording my first solo song, I was very sick. If you try and listen, you can hear a nasal sound (in my voice). Anyway, since it we finished in one recording, I focused really hard. Fortunately the main response was good, so I felt that if I just did it I could do it.

You will slowly understand what songs match you, and you will sing those songs. You don’t need to have that kind of complex.
I think I should do a mind consultation. Is that good?

If you do that, then talk about Wonder Girls’ live abilities won’t come out. Even when I watched, you can see a lot of things lacking. Since you are trying to focus on singing while dancing… No. If that kind of talk didn’t come out then we’d have to do well.

Whether it’s an atmosphere compelled by an absolute live (performance), or the negatively-viewed lip syncing, how do you compose yourself?
To be honest, lip syncing is harder. Whether the so-called ‘BbikSaRi’** came or your breathing was short, at that each lyric there’s an expression you want to have; if you lip sync then that expression doesn’t come out well. Even if you rest your throat (by lip syncing), it’s more comfortable singing live.
[**BbikSaRi' - when you go an octave above without knowing in a single moment]

If you had to choose, would you go to Jeju Island to experience Jeju women divers’ work or go hiking the JiRi Mountain course?
I think hiking the JiRi Mountain course would be good.

Are you scared of the water?
Even though I lived by beach for 10 years, water is scary.

You are the team leader you know. What kind of leader are you?
I’m an insufficient leader. I always feel like that.

Do your members also feel that way?
Probably like that? I think (JYP) PD-nim thinks that I should care well for the others like I took care of myself when training for 6 years, but my thoughts were a bit different. What I mean is that I learned by training myself and reading extensively for myself, but other people don’t learn that way. Even at home, because I grew up as the granddaughter, I may have a selfish side that even I don’t know about. I’m way older than other members but I’m also not an old person… I worry a lot. I still feel like I’m lacking.

You think even your looks are lacking?
Yes.

Really? I planned to ask you if you were tired of the words ‘you’re pretty’.
Words that ‘you are pretty’? Am I tired of it? I haven’t heard it enough to be tired! Hahaha.

Do you also have places you would want to have plastic surgery?
Of course. From when I was younger, I had those kind of thoughts, it really seems like GongJooByung. It’s a thing I inherited, but my face is a bit asymmetrical, so I receive stress from it.

Isn’t that kind of thing add charisma?
Oh, no. And it’s fixing the contours of the face so… truthfully, I also tried to find out about it. But then I heard it takes two months to heal. If it’s two months, then that’s time to do one single album’s activities and stop.

Please don’t do those two months.
Haha, ah, okay.

Are you making as much as money as to your content?
From when I was younger, I grew up receiving help from the community, so I think I have to make a lot of money later so I can pay them back. I think it’s not a question of how many millions I can make, but rather to be happy by helping those you can. I don’t think you can be happy by simply only making money.

If you receive $10, don’t you want to receive $10 more.
Haha, if it’s a lot, then it’s good in a way. From “Tell Me” we earned money… there’s that. Whatever I earn, it’s the confidence that I keep?

What do you do when you have a free day?
I’m busy sleeping? Even though I can’t sleep, there are times we ride in the car and go out. We just go out and come back.

Do you step on it?I don’t step on it. But then, there’s a more drastic one. I can’t step on it. I’m blood type A.
[Blood types - Koreans have characteristics that are associated with certain blood types. Hence the movie "My Boyfriend is Type B".]

Like a cart ride, do you sway this way and that way with freedom?
Yes, haha. For me with speed.

The Wonder Girls are speeding right now.
However I know there’s nothing you can do for a lifetime. But then, you don’t know if the name Min SunYe is possible too. If there’s no modle, then it seems lonely. I don’t ride loneliness well. And there’s no model. I can find myself in the heart of those people’s words better than just becoming what I have to from happily reading an autiobiography. Even though I respect Beyonce, I don’t want to become like her. And if I think this thought, then I can cleanly stop wherever I go.

Right now, in this moment, who is Min SunYe’s rival?
Myself.

I knew it was that. Press-release style. Do you like 20-year-old Min SunYe?
If I don’t love myself, it’s because it’s the end.

No, ‘because it’s the end’, not this kind of words, but ‘just love (myself)’, like this.
Yes, I love myself.

What are you going to wear and go around in this coming summer?
Um, performance clothes?

Questa è una delle ultime interviste fatte*_*Scusate però T_____T...non sono riuscita a tradurre...scusate!!!

charley
view post Posted on 19/4/2010, 20:05

Aww. Sunye is so adorable..

1 replies since 3/9/2008, 14:30   2504 views